Holy Cow!! Is it that time of the year again?? Sephora’s 2017 event was crazy for me!! It literally launched my status from buying less than $100 to Rouge Status.. these are my favorite discoveries in beauty from last year’s sale.. notice I said BEAUTY! Lol I have a whole different list of new found loves in skincare…
starting on the top right hand corner end going clockwise is:
1. Hourglass Metallic Strobe Lightning- I really wanted the Ambient Lighting Edit Palette instead but it was sold out and I was dying to see for myself what all this buzz was about this brand’s hilighting kits. I almost returned it once I finally got a hold of an Ambient kit but those sneaky cashiers convinced me to keep it since it offered different colors from what was in the Ambient Palette. Actually I trust Sephora associates more than The Nordstrom and Neiman Beauty Experts. Sephora Staff LOVE makeup and don’t hold back letting you know their unbiased opinions. Sorry Ulta, not to hate cause I’m Diamond Status at your stores but your employees don’t know squat about cosmetics. They do know a lot about making the customer feel unwelcome by never having your promo items or ignoring them.. sorry that was snarky and I digressed.. (I do love Ulta online sales and free gift with purchases)
2. Hourglass Ambient Lighting Edit. I was on the fence about this one but it kept ranking as one of the top items to buy on so many lists. Almost lost out in it cause it sold out!! Luckily I don’t take no for an answer and I find ways to get what I want… amazing. Every photo will look airbrushed..
3. Huda Lip Set In Lip Tin- duh buy it for the box! Haha uniquely cute.
4. NARS X Man Ray Kiss Set- OMG, did you see the bag? Wow! And it included 4 Velvet Matte Lip pencils!
5. Becca Champagne Dream Bellini Light Chaser Hilighter, Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed powder in Opal (the Miss America of Hilighters), Backlight Priming Filter, Ever-Matte Poreless Priming Perfector. The only brand to trust for amazing Hilighter and Primer. Hands down the best hilighters and primers… they know amazing shimmer without looking like a disco ball…Enough said.
6. Kevyn Aucoin-Neo Trio Palette. I knew of KA from his reign as Runway’s IT makeup Artist from the 1990’s. I always assumed his stuff was too expensive but it’s relatively the same price range as other luxury goods. This Palette transforms your akin to look FLAWLESS! He knew his shit. Duh, he invented Contour and Hilighting before Kim could even drive. I love his stuff. I ended up buying the matching brushes too.
7. Marc Jacobs Beauty- The Wild One Palette. Perfect, blend-able, cashmere like shadows in vibrant colors.
8. Marc Jacobs Beauty – The Cat’s Meow Lip Pouch Lip Collection. Sadly it’s too pretty to use and I have a lot of MJ Beauty lip stuff to use already. This bag is gorgeous. It sold out the first weekend and I had to buy it again when the sale opened up for everyone.